Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is the deadline for applying?
- Fall: March 1st
- Spring: October 1st
2. What is the minimum GPA?
The minimum GPA for entrance into the MLS program is a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
3. Who do I contact for advising?
4. Is traveling to a clinical site required?
Yes, each student is responsible for transportation to and from the clinical facility.
5. How long will I spend at the clinical site?
Practicum rotations for MLS students last for 20 weeks. During this time, students will be trained for 6 to 8 hours daily (Monday-Friday) at a clinical site.
6. Is financial assistance provided?
Besides traditional university financial aids, students have other opportunities available to them in the form of scholarships.
7. How much does it cost to go to EKU?
Dual Credit tuition for Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 is $60 per credit hour ($180 for a 3 credit-hour course). Refere to Tuition and Fees for more detalis
8. Is the program accredited?
Yes, the program is accredited by the NAACLS.
9. What is the passing rate on the BOC exam?
10. What is the job market like?
Currently, there is a 10–20% vacancy rate across the country. Increased testing demands and retirements will result in the need of more than 10,000 new lab professionals per year. Yet, there are only 4,100 new laboratory professional graduates per year.