Admission as a major in the Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) program is open to all students who meet the general requirements for admission to EKU. Students during the first two years at EKU (or transfer students) should declare their major as "Pre-MLS". Upon completion of university and department requirements, students must make a formal application to the Department of Medical Laboratory Science for admission into the Upper Division of MLS program.
- Admission into the "Upper-Division" phase of the MLS program requires completion of MLS supporting courses with a GPA of 2.5.
- Students who meet the minimum requirements are placed into an applicant pool and the department reserves the right to accept only the best qualified applicants based on the overall and science GPA and the number of practicum openings
- Although an interview is not part of the selection process, students are encouraged to seek admission only after speaking with the MLS advisor.
- Students must apply for the "Upper-Division" of the MLS program using the following MLS Admission Application Form
- Applicants must submit the MLS Admission Application Form according to the following deadlines
Fall Applications: January 15 - March 1 (deadline)
Spring Applications: August 15 - October 1 (deadline)
- Final selection of applicants is made each semester by the MLS Upper Division Selection Committee. Students who are not permitted to enroll in the MLS program will be notified either by E-mail or mail so that necessary changes may be made in their class schedule.
- Students who are denied admission because of prior academic performance may appeal the decision of the committee in writing and meet with the committee to explain their academic records or submit pertinent mitigating facts.
- To remain in the Upper Division MLS program, a student must maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 and have a grade of not less than “C” in each of the supporting and major courses of the curriculum.