Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is the deadline for applying?
- Fall: March 1st
- Spring: October 1st
2. What is the minimum GPA?
The minimum GPA for Admission into the Upper Division MLS program is a 2.5.
3. Who do I contact for advising?
Contact Jamie Hisel
4. Will I be required to travel to a clinical site?
Yes, each student is responsible for transportation to and from the clinical facility.
5. How long will I spend at the clinical site?
Practicum rotations (Clinicals) for MLS students last for 20 weeks. During this time, students will be trained for 6 to 8 hours daily (Monday-Friday) at a clinical site.
6. Is financial assistance availible?
7. How much does it cost to go to EKU?
Please refer to Student Accounting for current tuition rates and university fees.
8. Are their fees associated with courses?
Please refer to Student Accounting for current course fees.
9. Is the program accredited?
Yes, the program is accredited by the NAACLS.
10. What is the passing rate on the BOC exam?
11. What is the job market like?
Currently, there is a 10–20% vacancy rate across the country. Increased testing demands and retirements will result in the need of more than 10,000 new lab professionals per year. Yet, there are only 4,100 new laboratory professional graduates per year.